Unanswered: How to resolve performance issues?

Hi All

I am trying to resolve performance issues in my application. Front end is Web interface which is developed with JavaScript, AJAX, and HTML. Backend database is DB2 Database.

I would like to know, when a Tab is clicked on the web page, I would like to know what are the queries that are ran in the backend and which one is talking more time.

Though the developers should be able to give me what are the queries that get fired. But As our application is a complex application. Its just not that a single query gets fired, a lot of queries will be fired for a single event.

So do we have something in DB2 to know on which table select has been issued, when an event occurred in webpage? More precisely can we know which time elapsed for each query when an event occurs on the front-end?

Thanks in Anticipation
    Neha

Provided Answers: 5
    You can use the Event Monitor to capture the information.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Neharao
    But As our application is a complex application. Its just not that a single query gets fired, a lot of queries will be fired for a single event.
    Regardless how complex your app is, your developers should be able to tell you what it is doing. If not, get better developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neharao
    So do we have something in DB2 to know on which table select has been issued, when an event occurred in webpage? More precisely can we know which time elapsed for each query when an event occurs on the front-end?
    Yes, it is called monitors. You can set those up and see what is coming and going.
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0