Unanswered: Extracting data from Outlook

Hello again, Colleagues All,
    I can link Outlook contacts to Access as a table using the New/Link menu option, but I am not seeing the email address as a field in the table. One would have thought that this was essential as a primary key, as it is possible to have two contacts with the same name. The data is needed to generate Access reports and despatch them as emails to clients. Can anyone advise on what to do next ?

Hi Jim,

It may be worth posing this question on OutlookCode.com - Developer Learning Center for Microsoft Outlook

The gurus there will probably tell you to go about this a different way; rather than linking the table, by using code and iterating through the folders collection and contacts.

The site, formally run by Outlook MVP Sue Mosher is probably the best source of Outlook related info on the web - Her latest book is a must 'Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming' and will give you a much better insight into automating Outlook.

Hope this is of help - apologies for not being able to persue further due to the pressures of time.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Thanks, Gareth (did I get that right ? )
    I visited the site and pulled off some fragments which I think i can put together to get the results I want. I appreciated your advice.

Regards,

Jim

No worries Jim - When you get to the next stage, drop me a message and hopefully I wont be so busy!
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull