Thread: DB2 Replication

Unanswered: DB2 Replication

I am trying to replicate a table from on AIX Server to another AIX Server. The Table contains BLOB and CLOB Columns. I created this table alone in one separate subscription subset. But the CLOB and BLOB columns are copied empty. And also only half rows are copied. When i query the table ASN.IBMSNAP_SUBS_SET on the target side the status shows 0 for that qualifier. Can someone tell me why these two columns are not copied ?

And also Whenever i start the capture in warm mode it takes huge time to update the synchtime. And When i run applies also they are taking much time for run. What could be the reason ?

And more over the counts are mismatching on both the sides.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Neharao
    The Table contains BLOB and CLOB Columns. I created this table alone in one separate subscription subset. But the CLOB and BLOB columns are copied empty.
    I think this could happen if you created your LOB columns as NOT LOGGED. Capture relies on the information from the transaction logs, which would be missing in that case.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

And also only half rows are copied.
    what do you mean here?

Is there any message in the applytrail for the subscription ???
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I think i resolved issue with CLOB and BLOB. But replicating only some rows from source to target I dont get any error messages in applytrace. And moreover when i run the queries to check the status of the subscription sets. i see the status as 0.

db2 "SELECT APPLY_QUAL, SET_NAME, ACTIVATE, STATUS,SLEEP_MINUTES,LASTSUCCESS,SYNCHPOINT,SYNCHT IME FROM ASN.IBMSNAP_SUBS_SET with ur"

But when i check the counts in Source and Target they would be different.

This problem is an existing problem

I have got two other problems

1. When i start the capture in cold mode it takes hours to start . I mean SYNCHTIME doesnt get updated to the datetime when the capture is issued on source side
    db2 "SELECT max(SYNCHTIME ) FROM ASN.IBMSNAP_REGISTER WHERE GLOBAL_RECORD='Y' with ur"

2. And today when i started the capture in cold mode after doing a full refresh i get a warning message
    "<pruneCDUOWRetention> ASN0113W CAPTURE "ASN" : "PruneThread". The pruning retention limit will be reached in the next 24 hours."

How should i resolve this issue now ?
    Last edited by Neharao; 08-04-09 at 16:10.