Thread: DB2 on AIX

Unanswered: DB2 on AIX

Hi all,

I have a query regarding DB2 AIX platform.We want to analysis the log on DB2 version 9.1 in AIX .

As we know the error messages which was generated in DB2 AIX will be placed in db2diag.log.

But we need to analysis the log through event viewer.

Can I get the manual which has the event id and event description details for DB2 version 9.1 and 9.5 on AIX platform.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Provided Answers: 11
    could you explain what you are looking for - because I don't understand the question
    event viewer ? is this not windows related
    all messages are in diag log file and can be retrieved with db2diag utility
    check online doc for this command
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thanks for your suggestions and immediate response.

To add more clarifications to this point:

Whether the db2diag utility is the only way to analyse the db2diag log or do we have any alternate method to analysis the log.
    Event viewer in windows throws the message with event id and description details. Similarly do we have any event id and description details in DB2 on AIX which helps us to analysis the log.If then ,can we get the event id and description details.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

May be you're asking about db2diag tool:
    IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

You can also look at the notify log (<instance>.nfy) on Linux/Unix. On Windows, this info is written to the event log.

Thanks Bell for your suggestions.
    Apart from this i need the details of vendor id(event id and event description details) for DB2 on aix platform.Where can I get from.

Could you please help me in this regard.

Provided Answers: 11
    the info in diag file is the only info you can get. if this is not enough you can not find it elsewhere
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thanks for your information and quick response.