Thread: Query

Unanswered: Query

Hi,

I have columns like Jan_Prev, Jan_Curr,Feb_Prev,Feb_Curr,.....Dec_Prev,Dec_Curr in one of my table.

I need a query which should return dynamically by accepting the given parameter.

For e.g. If my input is May2009, it should return those columns which are less than the given month (May), like May_Curr,Apr_Curr,Mar_Curr,Feb_Curr,Jan_Curr,Dec_P rev,Nov_Prev,Oct_Prev,Sep_Prev,Aug_Prev,July_Prev, June_Prev,May_Prev

Can any one sort out this?

Cool PL/SQL Array

You could code dynamic SQL, but maybe using PL/SQL Arrays would work best. Load the data into a pl/sql table and then you can use the month number to navigate the array backwards.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

The main problem you have is that your table design is very bad. Simply store the data with a date column then you can find any particular month anytime you want with a simple query.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Thumbs down Sloppy

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh
    The main problem you have is that your table design is very bad. Simply store the data with a date column then you can find any particular month anytime you want with a simple query.
    Yes, this is a definite case of sloppy design.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb