Question Unanswered: Loading data in 10g

Hello,
    I'm trying to login to the "Load Data" utility in Oracle 10g but it throws an error each time I attempt to login as SYSTEM, saying the password is incorrect. However, I successfully logged into the database console using the same account (SYSTEM). Is there some sort of special account that can only load data into 10g? Or, does it authenticate using some other type of account?? e.g. Local account for the DB server perhaps?

Cool What?

What are you talking about? Is it the Enterprise Manager 'Load Data from User Files' utility?
    Which password are you talking about?
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA
    What are you talking about? Is it the Enterprise Manager 'Load Data from User Files' utility? :
    Yes! This utility prompts for a username / password under the area "Host Credentials"

Which password are you talking about?
    I've used the SYSTEM username / pasword and the SYS username / password and neither worked. Yet these same usernames/password get me into SQL*Plus and Enterprise Manager 10g without any problem. Any thoughts?

Cool Server account..

"Host Credentials" is the userid and password for the SERVER, not the database!
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

"Host Credentials" is the userid and password for the SERVER, not the database!
    I tried two SERVER admin accounts and neither works. Is it possible that there is some setting in Oracle overriding this somehow?

Cool WinDoze?

Are you working with WinDoze OS?

I don't do WinDoze, but if this is the case I have found out that there are multiple problems with EM and other utilities trying to execute taskk which require host commands.

Good luck!