Unanswered: Creating instance on DPF (Data Partitioning Feature)

DB2 InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7 on Red Hat Linux (previously known as DB2 ESE with DPF feature).

Is one supposed to create an instance on each physical node of a DPF system with multiple physical machines? I created an instance on the Admin Node which has the instance owner NFS mounted and shared on my 2 data physical nodes. I installed DB2 on all 3 nodes, but it will not let me create the instance on all 3 nodes since it says that sqllib already exists in the instance owner home directory which is NFS shared on 2 data nodes.

Problem is that if I don't create the instance on the 2 data nodes they don't show up when I do db2ilist on the data nodes and I cannot issue any db2set commands.

If I install DB2 on my physical data nodes using a response file created during the install on admin node where the instance is created during the install, the install will not work on the data nodes (with same response file) because it says that the instance already exists.

The other thing I should point out is that I am installing DB2 on /opt/ibm/db2V9.7 on each physical node and which is not NFS shared . Is that correct or is one supposed to install DB2 on a NFS share (in addition to creating an instance on a NFS share)?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

DB2 software installation should be local to all 3 physical servers (Admin, 1, 2)

I beleive you said that, you created userid on all three servers and this user home dir is NFS shared across all 3 servers.

Once you issue db2icrt using the above userid... DB2 will create a sqllib directory under this home directory that will be visible on all 3 servers. That means db2instance create successfully and you can access this instance on all 3 servers using this instance owner(userid). Even db2ilist should show this instance on any of the 3 servers.

What problem do you face here?

-U

I resolved the problem by installing the DPF license on the 3 servers. I thought there would be a grace period like ESE, but apparently not.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390