Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: magic source code dependency app

This is what I need.

Something that take a list procs and finds all of the references to them in my C# data access wrapper code classes, stores the name of those wrapper classes, and then finds all of the instances of those wrapper classes being invoked by the front end applications and records the file location of those classes and the .Net namespace of of those classes.

Does this exist or do I have to roll my own? I hope I get to roll my own.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

So I answered 3 posts, so I am going to bump this just once because my near 6K posts earns me one ghetto pass.

The senior app guy in the meeting and our local TFS guy, says there is no magic and I am probably rolling my own. Which is fine, but I am a little busy.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

yup, roll your own...you can dump all your C# code into a table with varchar(max) field, and then do it all in SQL
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

I like it.