Unanswered: Paradox drivers and installation

I run many R&R ReportWriter applications reports driven by Paradox databases. I have just upgraded my desktop PC from an XP platform to a Vista x64 platform.

On my XP platform I ran Paradox v10.0.0.663 and R&R ReportWriter v12.0.002 using the Intersolv ODBC Paradox Driver v03.11.000.

On my new Vista x64 platform I have installed Vista x64-compatible Paradox v11.0.0.663 and the R&R SQL edition Vista-compatible version v12 build 12.5.000. The Microsoft Paradox driver that came with this R&R version doesn't seem to work (as I recall, the Microsoft version did not work under the original XP configuration either.) I understand that the Paradox v11 file format is still the same as the earlier 32-bit Paradox versions and a new driver version is not necessary due to either the Paradox v11 application or the Vista x64 OS.

So, I am seeking a Paradox ODBC driver that will work on my new Vista x64 platform and information on how to install it.

I can't figure out if I can reuse the Paradox driver from my XP platform (and I how I do this) or if I need a new driver. I have been to the DataDirect web site ... http://www.datadirect.com/products/o...onnectodbc.htm ... but can't figure out if this provides what I need or if this is something I have to purchase. Once I find the cross-reference to the Windows Paradox 4-10 (now 11) driver [Borland Database Engine version 2] I can't figure out what to do next.

I can't find anything via searching the web that directly answers my question. Can anyone please help?

Update: Since I drafted the message, above, I was able to find a copy of the Intersolv Paradox driver (loidp13.dll) on the web, which I saved in my Common Files/Borland Shared/BDE folder, but I can't seem to get BDE to recognize it.

Still dead in the water ...

Thanks, in advance.

the last "table level" for Paradox was 7, which dates back to 1997.. every version since uses the same tables.. nothing ever changed since then..

unfortunately, the least likely place to get ODBC help is from the Paradox/BDE community itself, since we never have to deal with that.. we use the BDE internally..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Thanks, Steve. I did know that the table formats have not changed since Paradox v5, I think. I am considering trying to just copy the BDE folder from my old XP platform over to my new Vista x64 platform; however, I think there may have been some BDE changes so I am saving that for a last resort. Thanks, again.

just a couple of side notes..

a) the old Microsoft drivers only work with level 4 and 5 tables.. your tables are surely level 7, or at least need to be able to be level 7..

b) copying the BDE folder won't necessarily help, but finding the newer files in the folder *might* help..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too