Provided Answers: 4

Unanswered: reports always end up on development printer

Hi,

I have developed a number of reports in an Access application. While developing them I always printed them on the printer nearest me.
    Now the application is in production and often the user's reports end up on "my" printer.

In Windows, I have checked that their standard printer is set correctly to their own printer. But each time they (re)start the Access application and they forget to explicitly select their own printer, their reports end up on "my" printer.

"My" printer is a heavy beast, used for scanning, large volume printing and copying. Everyone in the company, on all floors, has it installed on his PC.

How can I break the link between those reports and the printer they were developed on?
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

Look at the page settings in design view of the report and set to default printer - this should use the users default printer.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Provided Answers: 4
    Garteth,

Thanks. It works.

It took me a while to find the page settings. I found it under File, and not as part of a property of the report in design mode, where I spend some time looking for it.

Thanks a lot.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages