Unanswered: Flushing Output Results of a Stored Procedure

I am running SQL Server 2005 Express. I have the following stored procedure:

Code:
    USE [BlackberryTracker]
    GO
    /****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[spCreateBlackberry]    Script Date: 08/14/2009 08:25:37 ******/
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    GO
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    -- =============================================
    -- Author:		<Author,,Name>
    -- Create date: <Create Date,,>
    -- Description:	<Description,,>
    -- =============================================
    ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[spCreateBlackberry] (@ServiceID char(8), @PhoneNumber char(10), @SIM char(20), @IMEI char(15), @PIN char(8), @Model varchar(24), @FirstName varchar(64), @MiddleInitial varchar(8), @LastName varchar(64), @Unit varchar(64), @Billet varchar(64), @Rank varchar(8), @UserName varchar(24), @Building varchar(24), @Floor varchar(8), @Room varchar(24), @AssetTag char(10), @ComputerName char(12)) AS
    BEGIN
    	-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from
    	-- interfering with SELECT statements.
    	SET NOCOUNT ON;

-- Insert statements for procedure here
    	INSERT INTO tblBlackberry (ServiceID, PhoneNumber) VALUES (@ServiceID, @PhoneNumber);
    	SELECT @@IDENTITY;
    	INSERT INTO tblBlackberryHistory (BlackberryID, SIM, IMEI, PIN, Model, FirstName, MiddleInitial, LastName, Unit, Billet, Rank, UserName, Building, Floor, Room, AssetTag, ComputerName, DateTime) VALUES (@@IDENTITY, @SIM, @IMEI, @PIN, @Model, @FirstName, @MiddleInitial, @LastName, @Unit, @Billet, @Rank, @UserName, @Building, @Floor, @Room, @AssetTag, @ComputerName, GETDATE());

END
    It appears that the first INSERT statement is returning a resultset. So the whole procedure is returning the output from the first INSERT and then the @@IDENTITY. I want to return only the @@IDENTITY.

I appreciate any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by wswartzendruber
    It appears that the first INSERT statement is returning a resultset.
    It appears or it is? Because the SQL you posted shouldn't do that. Exactly what is the result set?

Also, usually scope_identity is preferred to @@identity.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 11
    Is there a trigger on tblBlackberry? If there is, you may need to use SCOPE_IDENTITY, rather than @@identity.

There are no triggers as of yet. I have uploaded a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

EDIT: I forgot about I trigger I applied to one of the tables. But can anyone still tell me how to make it work even if I did have a trigger in there?
    Last edited by wswartzendruber; 08-14-09 at 13:44.

Could you expand the triggers folder for tblBlackberry? If there are any triggers, please can you post the code?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 11
    Ummm....SCOPE_IDENTITY?

I dropped the trigger. It went through and deleted all related rows from the other table.

And yes, I changed @@IDENTITY to SCOPE_IDENTITY().