This is a full-time position in NY city with a long-time client. No visa applicants, please. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is within the client’s Interactive Technology Group which encompasses Web properties, B2B sites, and new business development centered on new and emerging technology platforms (mobile and wireless, IP-delivered / broadband video, interactive television / OCAP / EBIF, etc.). This is a group whose purpose is to work with business partners to identify new and exciting distribution platforms, and to architect and deliver compelling solutions to enable the continued growth of the client’s brands.
This position is responsible for managing a group of 2-10 application development staff (Software Engineers, Project Leaders and Business Analysts), and external consultants or vendors focused on developing applications in the mobile and wireless space.
As the Interactive Technology Group focuses heavily on new business development, successful candidates must be flexible enough to grasp new platforms and paradigms very quickly, and should be prepared to think “out of the box” when necessary. Successful candidates must also be able to work effectively in both structured projects/teams and non-structured, “Skunk Works” style R&D while contributing constructive solutions and guidance.
• Matrixed IT staff management, including staff development, performance evaluations, resource allocation and project scheduling.
• Managing application development vendors through all phases of the project life cycle.
• Ensuring project success by creating and reviewing project plans, timelines, estimates, and requirements documents, and guiding staff to improvement and greater accuracy in these areas
• Act as project manager of software development projects with responsibility for project planning and control.
• Regular project status reporting to Project Steering Committee.
• Overseeing the team’s project portfolio planning and prioritization.
• Establishing relationships with staff augmentation vendors for scalable, multi-sourced resources.
• Must have prior experience in managing large software development projects and designing and developing applications for smart phone mobile devices (such as iPhone, Andriod, and Symbian). Experience in Web and other interactive technology development is a plus. Past hands-on technical experience (Java application development, database development, etc.) is a plus, but is not required.
• Prior experience in managing large software development projects and designing and developing applications for smartphone mobile devices (such as iPhone, Andriod, and Symbian).
• 3+ years total experience in smartphone mobile application development
• 4+ years experience managing direct reports, project staff and consultants.
• 5+ years of Internet / new media development experience with technologies such as Java, J2EE, Oracle, Weblogic, ASP, .Net, Perl, PHP, SQL, Ajax, Flash/Flex, Ruby-on-Rails, etc.
• Experience in requirements gathering, use case development, determining business process flow and task mapping
• A thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) are critical
• BSC/BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field.
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills in order to interface with various departments and management levels, make presentations to an internal audience, interact positively with upper management, and effectively manage a staff of 5+ direct reports.
• Excellent customer focus and awareness of the importance of the customer in a service organization.
• Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Experience in creating Documentation of technical systems, training users in complex topics, and operational procedures