Exclamation Unanswered: Forms in Access 2007

Do forms have to be linked to a single table or can they be linked to multiple tables? I have two tables I want objects from both to be in form but it keeps associating it with one table ???

Im probably being a complete thick **** so feel free to tag me with the biggest n00b badge...

No swearing please.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Sorry Pootle Flump I was only knocking my n00bishness not actually flaming an individual...

I know - that's why I only requested no swearing rather than anything more. Although in practice we are not going to get any kids on here, we keep it clean
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

BTW - the answer is yes. Specifically what do you want to happen?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Thanks - I will use the word tool - I find that cleaner and makes people laugh more!

Well it basically rolls on from your previous post about breaking the first normal form. As you said that one customer has many dispositions. So separated the tables and made a tbldispositions and tblcustomers. I want to make a form that allows me to drag and drop fields from both tables BUT it wants to "assign" itself to one or the other and won't sit as an "Unrelated Object"

Its probably the most n00b like question but Im pretty sure in 2003/2002 I was able to do it...
    Last edited by BackForBreakfast; 08-19-09 at 12:04.

Ok - if you are going for the two table approach then you want to use a form and subform. Essentially, your person record provides the "header" information on the "parent" form. The sub form contains all the dispositions for that person (i.e. it would display several disposition rows).

Of course, this assumes you were taking my advice and splitting the table in to two.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Cool thanks pootle - you don't fancy making this for me ???

I got a SubForm in the main form and in Design view its their but in Form view it comes up as a table ??? Surely thats not quite right...

EDIT - Scrap that figured out what I forgot to change...