Question Unanswered: Subform - a Little Help Please!

Hello,

First I have to say that I do not read or speak "code". I can follow directions and have created a pretty nice database to hold all of our customer data.
    I have a table containing all contracts we have with the customers, and a related form into which the contracts are entered, (the "Tracker"). The tracker has about 15 steps with a "yes / no" option, and a comments box. These fields show where the contract is (during its lifecycle). I don't know why I did this, but, I created a SUBFORM to hold the contract's parameters (this subform has only four fields: contract date, start date, termination date, and brief description). The subform (separately, on its own) does not contain all of the stuff I've entered and I don't know why it stopped updating or what it is that makes it get updated. Ultimately, what I'd like to do is to NOT have a subform, but add those four fields to the master form / master contracts table. I need the subform to be completely updated so I can make it into a table and then cut and paste the new fields into the contract form.

Secondly, I ran an analysis on the "Tracker" form thinking it would tell me why the subform isn't updating. This form seems to work just fine, it is speedy, etc. The analysis results say I should try removing some controls to improve its performance. Why? I like to have a button to push to print all outstanding contracts, back and forward buttons, a search button, etc. I don't think that is excessive, and like I said the form runs flawlessly. There is also a link to the "Customer" Table. So I can link a contract and a customer.

Thanks for any help ... this is not an urgent request, by the way... just trying to clean up and improve my database.

Provided Answers: 14
    Without knowing how your data are organized, how your form is built and on which recordset, how your subform is built and on which recordset and finally how both forms are linked, it's almost impossible to help you.

Could you please provide some information on the above or post a copy of you application (at least the form and its subform object).

Have a nice day!

Hmmm ... I'll try to answer... The recordset for the master form ("Contract Tracker") is all the fields in the table "Contracts" Is that helpful?

The forms are linked by the ID number assigned to the contract number. (Contract Numbers are unique but Contracts get Amended)

Does that help? Thanks for the really fast reply!

Well, surprised myself and solved the problem. Thank you anyway!!!!