Question Unanswered: Runtime error 3033

EDIT:
    I found the solution to the below problem. The reason he was getting denied on the custom queries and not the default query is because the custom queries required the SQL to be modified, and as a Full Data User, he had read/write/update/delete permission on all the data, but did not have read design/modify design permission... I decided to just grant him those permissions for those specific queries. That seemed like the simplest solution.

I understand this is a security error, but I'm not quite sure ... how to fix it. I get the error

You do not have the necessary permission to use the 'MSysTables' object
    When I debug the error, it highlites the last line of the following code, where it says qdf.SQL = strSQL:

Code:
    Call GetCriteria
    If err Then Exit Sub

strSQL = "SELECT  Site, [DOC Number], [Last Name], [First Name], [Collection Date], [Mg/Week], [INR], [Action Taken] FROM qryDsgINR_All " & _
                 "WHERE qryDsgINR_All.Site IN(" & strCriteria & ");"
    qdf.SQL = strSQL
    Obviously I don't get this error when I'm logged on to MY workgroup account because I'm in the admins group. I get the feeling it has to do with the qdf object.

Any clues, hints, solutions?

Thanks much everyone.
    Last edited by atsukoarai86; 08-21-09 at 12:30. Reason: Found the Solution
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.

Any time I've seen an error related to the MSysTables table, it usually entails compacting/repairing, re-creating the security mdw file, creating a new mdb file and importing all the objects, or restoring a good backup of the mdb and/or the mdw.

I've never had success in editing the MSysTables to fix any errors. You could try the JetUtil which Microsoft used to have as a download.

I'd also watch your data tables to make sure nothing is affected data-wise.

MSAccess security (ie. mdw files) tend to be a bit flaky when it comes to managing permissions, especially in multi-user environments. Most developers avoid it and implement their own security.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 08-22-09 at 03:52.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

No, I figured out what the problem was. The user didn't have permission to change the query design, and the SQL string for the report that used a particular query was compiled at run-time... I don't know what any of that stuff you said means, but it's fixed.
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.