Unanswered: Criteria in query not working for number

This should be very simple, but for some reason it's not filtering data. I have a simple query that I want to pull data from a field [Price] that is greater than 4000. Criteria should be >4000. How simple is that? But it's pulling everything. I have another number field that I'm putting something similar in [Quantity] >10 and it's working fine and pulling all data greater than 10. The only difference is how the fields are defined in the table. Price is a number field, field size = decimal, precision =15 (not sure what this is), scale = 5 (not sure what this is either), decimal places = Auto
    Quantity field is a Number, but is double and does not have precision or scale. What am I doing wrong?

Precision controls how many digits are stored (3.14 as compared to 3.14152, for exampe). Scale controls how many digits are stored to the right of the decimal.

Why not just set the field to be "Currency" type if that's what it is?
    Me.Geek = True

The tables are from a vendor through ODBC and I'm just creating reports and queries from it, so I can't change the field in the table. Based on your explanation, I would still think that >4000 should still work. If I were to put in zero's to the right of the decimal, it would just truncate them anyways before running. Any suggestions to try?

Provided Answers: 6
    That should work for any type of numeric field. Are you sure there isn't an OR in the criteria that's causing other records to be returned?
    Paul

No, there's no OR in there. I created it from scratch and I went down to teh most basic form. Looks like it may be a problem with the database then, I'll have to hit up the vendor. Thanks.

What exactly does your SQL string look like? It's hard to diagnose the problem without it.
    Me.Geek = True

Are you able to format the column in the query designer? (ie. right-click on column and you'll see a popup.) If so, you could try that or try using an expression -ie: MyPrice: Format([Price],"#") or something like MyPrice: Format([Price],"Currency").
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)