Unanswered: Question about Database replication

I am using SQL server 2005. I would like to know if it is possible to replicate a remote SQL server database locally?

i.e If any DML operation is done on the remote server the same operation should be done on the local machine..
    Last edited by haden213; 08-24-09 at 11:04.

You configure transactional replication with remote server as a publisher and local server as a subscriber. You will need to decide what server will be used as a distributor: (1) Local, (2) Remote, or (3) a different server all together.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

I couldn't find much information about transactional replication in SQL Server 2008.

The only option I found was mirroring which I understood if good in case of db failures.

I want to duplicate transactions on my local database from a remote database.

Here is the scenario. I have triggers on all the tables. Whenever a transaction occurs, the trigger writes some data to an extra table which my application uses

Here is the problem. The Client doesn't want to have the trigger and the additional table in his database.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would guide me to what would be the best way to go about this.