Unanswered: Function in Access Not Available

Recently I transfered an Access MDB over to my brother's computer. When I tried to run different parts of it, it looked like it had problems with the date function dateserial. (Also not sure if problems with left and mid). Error said "Function is not available in expression in query expression". I was confused by this because I thought it was a native function to Access 2003. When I asked him about his program, I found that it was an illegitimate bundled version of Office 2003 . Is there an option in the Office 2003 Access installation that must be manually included to get full functionality or should I suspect that this error was due the illegitimacy of the software? Thanks, Joshua

Provided Answers: 59
    cold be a flawed install its could be jsut that you need to make sure the appropriate references are ticked in the project (VBA code) window
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I checked the references and it looked like none of them were "Missing:..." However, now that I think about it, it did seem like there were fewer checked libraries than there were when I opened it on my computer. I'll have to check that. Joshua