Question Unanswered: Open form based on record in table

I'm new to Access and setting up databases in general, but have some limited experience. I have a set of tables and forms in place and functional. Now I would like to create a form that opens an existing form to an existing record. Example - I have a table - "tblShopOrderDetails" with all the fields associated with the shop order. I have a form - "frmShopOrders" which is used to enter data into the table. Now I would like to set up a form which opens the form - "frmShopOrders" with a specific record in the table - field name "ShopOrderDetailsID". I know how to use acommand button to run a macro and open the form, and can do that. But how do I open it to a specific record in the table. I believe it involves entering something into the Where condition, but not sure of exactly how to do it. Any help would be wildly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 6
    Paul

OK, now is where I sound dumb.

How would I do that in a way in which someone on the shop floor could type in a record number and it would open to that record in the form. Perhaps in a text box on the first form.

Provided Answers: 6
    I might use a combo box that got its selections from the appropriate table. That way you don't have to worry about the user mistyping the number. Then you either use the after update event of the combo or a separate button to fire off that code.
    Paul