Unanswered: Update existing schema

Hi. I have a DB2 database containing productive data. Now during the development process i have changed the schema in a test database. so the new test schema has additional colunms, some columns are removed and some are renamed. Is there a way to update the productive schema to the new one? Maybe a tool that generated a script or something like that?

Am i the first one who needs to update a DB2 Database? Isn't there a small and simple working solution?????

Provided Answers: 5
    Most people that are modifying the schema of a database write scripts to do the changes to a development/test system. Then when the testing is complete, they use those same scripts to modify the production systems. If you did not do this, then you will need to generate the scripts yourself based on the differences from the test system versus the production system.

Andy

Oh really? Well, i use NHibernate to create the database. I just create entities in my Visual Studio and NHibernate creates the database. but unfortunately the Schema Updateing process doesn't work, because DB2 is noch able to do this right. So i need another way. Something like a diff script would be ok. Do you know a tool that can compare two databases and create a diff script that synchronizes both?

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosihris
    I just create entities in my Visual Studio and NHibernate creates the database.
    Another one bitten by the ORM bug...

Interoperability Happens - The Vietnam of Computer Science
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.