Unanswered: Connection String for Remote Server

I've worked a lot with IIS and SQL server on the same server, but i'm not faced with running my asp scripts on a separate, remote server.

I am the admin for the database server, running SQL 2008 express, but I am not the admin for the IIS server.

What should my connection string look like to make the remote connection to the database??

When using as indicated from connectionstring.com:

Provider=SQLNCLI10;Server=sql.domain.com;Database= jesse;Uid=jesse; Pwd=jessespw;

I get:
    "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

that's for OLEDB provider, which you don't have installed. What technology are you using to connect? is this a .net app? if so you are probably using SqlClient. If that's the case you want something like this:

Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

also is your name Jesse? mine too!

When I try the string above, I get

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

This is a classic asp script.

and Yes, my name is Jesse haha

well, you need to figure out what library you are using to connect to SQL. SqlClient, OLEDB, ODBC, or what?

Can you just clarify that for me...I've always used conn strings that looked like

Driver={SQL Server};Server=... These were also on the same sever as the database.

When I upgraded to SQL 2008 express, I had to change the strings to:

Provider=SQLNCLI10;Server=...

Now I'm trying to connect from a remote server (totally different networks) and I'm struggling with this. As I've said, I'm not an admin of the web server. Are there a couple different things I could try?

As an update, I've been trying a couple things and seem to have gotten around the driver issue.

I'm now using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=209.xx.xx.xxx\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=jesse;Uid=jesse;Pwd=jessespw;

This, however, gives me the error:
    [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Trial and error paid off, I guess...got it to work using:

Driver={SQL Server};Server=209.xx.xx.xxx,1433\SQLEXPRESS;Datab ase=jplace;Uid=jesse;Pwd=jessespw;

that is an ODBC connstr.