This is a full time employment opportunity in NY City with a long stand client of nearly 10 years. The compensation package is competitive and includes bonus and a generous benefits package, flexible working environment, career path growth, healthy balance/quality of life, and supportive management. Apply to email@example.com
• Must have strong BPM experience, specifically BPM.
• No H1s.
• Relocation assistance to successful applicants.
Project Lead – Senior Java developer with the knowledge, motivation and energy to help build robust and flexible business logic Java applications.
This J2ee Lead position requires extensive experience with architecting and managing a team of developers, requiring the Lead to have extensive ORM development skills, a strong understanding of multi-layer development and the desire to work on a variety of projects using the latest technologies. This position is for someone that wants to work heavily with client groups, and focus on leading a team that develops applications to meet business needs.
The team will be developing a tool that manages content from ingesting the content through the entire workflow process, including delivering the content in multiple digital formats for different outputs (such as broadcast, broadband, mobile, etc). These applications have complex logic and are integrated with several other in-house systems. This Project Lead will lead a team of Software Engineers and will be comfortable handling new challenges involving emerging technologies and leading teams through the full SDLC.
• Meet with business clients to help drive the analysis and design of software systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements.
• Maintain system and design documentation, and prepare materials for project reviews.
• Plan, prioritize and monitor work for team members working on multiple projects.
• Plan and monitor the unit testing, implementation, and production release of a project.
• Actively create, refine, and evangelize processes and technical standards for the dept
• Work with client groups directly and manage contact between IT, clients, and between groups within IT
• Supervise the maintenance of software systems.
• 5+ years Java J2EE with complex multi-layer applications
• 2-3+ years experience with Spring/Hibernate, (strong ORM expertise)
• 7+ years heavy backend database development, Oracle preferred -with SQL and entity relationship modeling.
• Current knowledge of and experience with application servers such as Weblogic
• Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including strong working knowledge and experience in using UML and design patterns
• 2+ years leading complex development projects
• 5-7 years strong foundation in methodologies and architecting complex large scale software systems.
• Ant / Ant Maker / CVS-2yrs.
• Rose (or some UML tool)-4yrs.
• Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
• Strong communications and critical thinking skills.
• Expertise architecting applications based on business requirements.
• Experience designing the architecture and then managing the development of multi-year, multi-staff projects
• Strong understanding of all aspects of corporate software development; strong client, server, database, and reporting skills.
• Full understanding of systems composed of multiple related applications, from both software and business perspectives
• Must be able to weigh business and technical requirements to produce project plans and estimates.
• Strong time management and multitasking skills. Ability to handle changes in business requirements and set priorities across multiple projects.
• Business and negotiation skills to work with clients and business analysts to determine what features the project team will deliver, given constraints of staff, time, and quality.
• Strong understanding of standard software development lifecycle methodologies.
• Software development ability, experience, speed, and quality.
• Ability to lead complex tasks, such as partitioning an application across tiers, establishing transaction boundaries, and selecting integration technologies like message passing and directory services.
• Experience in data migration between systems and work flows.