This is a full time employment opportunity with a long time client in NY City. Competitive salary with bonus, generous benefits package, relocation for successful candidate, quality of life with healthy balance between work and home, friendly culture, career path growth, etc.
We are looking for people coming out of a business oriented development environment who have a good head for what the business does. The top 3 skills, including the technology requirements below: (1) Critical thinking, (2) communication skills must be 10 on a scale of 1-10, (3) must be able to present a business case for production systems they developed/led the development of, describe in some detail what the application does and how, why it was important to the business, any workarounds, describe their particular role, the role of other team members, their interactions with the team, etc. The successful applicant will have worked multi-layered, multi-year projects that were complex (such as having the business logic on the middle tier), and integrated with several other internal systems.
Technical Lead-Java Developer with the knowledge, motivation and energy to help build robust and flexible business applications.
This Java developer position requires extensive experience with ORM tools, a strong understanding of multi-layer development and the desire to work on a variety of projects using the latest technologies.
The team works on Contract and Production Administration tools that are essential business applications for managing intellectual property. These applications are have extremely complex logic, with one area focused on SOX compliance. These applications are integrated with several other systems.
This Technical lead will mentor a team of Software Engineers. Technical leads must have skills that combine business acumen with technical expertise. An ideal candidate will be an extremely proficient Technical Lead Java/J2EE developer, and will be comfortable handling new challenges involving emerging technologies and leading teams through the full SDLC.
• Meet with business clients to help drive the analysis and design of software systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements
• Maintain system and design documentation, and prepare materials for project reviews.
• Plan, prioritize and monitor work for team members working on multiple projects.
• Plan and monitor the unit testing, implementation, and production release of a project.
• Actively create, refine, and evangelize processes and technical standards for the dept.
• Work with client groups directly and manage points of contact between IT and clients, and between groups within IT
• Supervise the maintenance of software systems.
• 5+ years Java J2EE with complex multi-layer applications
• 3+ years experience with Spring/Hibernate, (strong ORM expertise)
• 7+ years heavy backend database development, Oracle preferred -with SQL and entity relationship modeling
• Current knowledge of and experience with application servers such as Weblogic
• Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including strong working knowledge and experience in using UML and design patterns
• 2+ years leading complex development projects
• 5-7 years strong foundation in methodologies and architecting complex large scale software systems
• Ant / Ant Maker / CVS-2yrs.
• Rose (or some UML tool)-4yrs.
• Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
• Strong communications and critical thinking skills.
• Expertise architecting applications based on business requirements.
• Experience designing the architecture and then managing the development of multi-year, multi-staff projects
• Strong understanding of all aspects of corporate software development; strong client, server, database, and reporting skills.
• Full understanding of systems composed of multiple related applications, from both software and business perspectives.
• Must be able to weigh business and technical requirements to produce project plans and estimates
• Strong time management and multitasking skills. Ability to handle changes in business requirements and priorities across multiple projects.
• Business and negotiation skills to work with clients and business analysts to determine what features the project team will deliver, given constraints of staff, time, and quality.
• Strong understanding of standard software development lifecycle methodologies
• Software development ability, experience, speed, and quality
• Ability to lead complex tasks, such as partitioning an application across tiers, establishing transaction boundaries, and selecting integration technologies like message passing and directory services
• Experience in data migration between systems and work flows