Unanswered: Restore only 1 object?

I've been asked how I would restore only say one dropped procedure without going through the entire restore to seperate DB then copy script of dropped Stored proc to initial db as this will take too long..
    Is there any script or SSMS built in way to do it as I am not able to download/utilise other software that will allow this?

They are ways this is possible, but only if you have considered the possibility before hand and planned for it.
    You should really only require restores to restore data however - any objects should be created using using scripts that at an absolute minimum should be saved on the filesystem and ideally stored in some sort of source control software.

Anyway - in short it sounds like no - you will need to restore your entire database. I recoemmned, however, you rethink your recovery plans, procedures and processes.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hi Pootle Flump
    Fortunately I've not been asked to do this in response to actual event, only hypothetically. The questioner is an Orcale DBA(my boss) and wanted to know how it'd be done in SQL.
    As I'm a junior DBA, my knowledge and experience level speaks for itself..
    Your answer is exactly what I needed!

Many thanks

Ah ok then - here's a hypothical answer for him\ her then. Create a new filegroup for each object and back these up seperately. Eh vwala - object level restores.

EDIT - I reread your original post - I reckon this is the only method that totally fits the scenario your boss presented. Winky removed
    Last edited by pootle flump; 09-03-09 at 07:18.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 11
    Unless he is doing all of his backup/restores with Import/Export utilities, not even Oracle will be able to do an object level restore. If he is doing all his backups with Export, then you probably need to find a new boss. He won't be able to get point in time recovery using just import/export.