Unhappy Unanswered: SQL Backup issue on Migrated DB

I migrated a SharePoint Database from Sharepoint 2003 to MOSS 2007 (SQL 2000 to SQL 2005) following directions in SharePoint 2003 to MOSS 2007 Upgrade: Database migration farhanfaiz’s Weblog – SharePoint / MOSS

Which basically you make a backup of your Sharepoint 2003 database then get in SQL 2005 and create a new DB then restore from the Sharepoint 2003 database to the newly created DB.

The site is up and functioning and I think most user issues have been resolved. The problem is I get an error when I try to perform a full backup.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The backup of full-text catalog ‘ix_STS_48GIDOC1_919767436′ is not permitted because it is not online. Check errorlog file for the reason that full-text catalog became offline and bring it online. Or BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

48gidoc1 is our SharePoint 2003 server and the database is NOT offline.

I suspect some pointer didn’t get updated when I restored or renamed SQL objects during the migration process. If you have any ideas how to fix, please let me know. I have tried a File backup as well. Interestingly, I can create transaction log backups.

One Flump in One Place
    I've not mirgrated FUll text but I believe pre SQL 2008 (or SQL 2005) the full text indexes are stored outside of the database file. AS such, you need to migrate those as a seperate step.

I'm going off memory of something I've read, not experience - worth a google to check.
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thumbs up Full Text Search

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction. I found the full text catalog and just deleted it. I imagine it will be easier to just recreate it than to try and migrate it.

Now I can make a backup.