Unanswered: get aging from a open date to the current date

hi:

I have a database where I have a field [open date] and a field [close date], I have another field [aging]. Im using a form to capture the information, I need to get the following: when i enter [open date] I need to calculate aging based on the current date Vs the open date, that's mean 0, in the next day aging must be 1, and in that way 2 for the next day, 3 for the next..... but when I enter data on close date, I need to have aging always calculated betwen close date and open date.

I hope it is clear what I need help on.

thank you....

Provided Answers: 6
    I would think in your calculation you could use the Nz() function:

Nz([close date], Date())
    Paul

Paul, thank you for you input. What I nee at this point is how to update autamatically a file aging calculating it with the current date and the open date.

Provided Answers: 14
    Do not store a computed value in your database if you can avoid it. Compute the Aging data on the fly instead. If you really want to keep this data stored in a table, run an UPDATE query on a regular basis (e.g. each time the database is open) to re-compute the values.
    Have a nice day!

I agree; don't store the aging, just calculate/show it on reports.
    Paul

Thank you for your comments, I just did that, I'm calculating the value every time I update the data. Running a update query. Thank you for your advices, actually now I'm remembering somethig I read about calculated fields where it recomends to do not store this kind of data, instead calculate to show on reports.

By the way, how can I run an event (ej. update query) on regulra basis? Do I need to create a splash screen and run a query on close event? Any other recomendation?

What we're saying is not to store the value. No update query to change it. No field in the table for it. Just calculate it when you need to display it on forms or reports.
    Paul