Unanswered: Transfer space from dbspace log to dbspace ccm
As my dbspace ccm space is coming down and theres no option for adding new disk i am thinking of taking some space from dbspace log and put it in
dbspace ccm.Is this possible.if it is please guide me on how to do it in a step by syep manner..thanks!!
1) confirm if your logical logs are in informix01_log.dbs IBM - How to tell which dbspace logical logs are stored in
2) temporary add 3 new logical logs in any other dbspace (you must do this): "onparams -a ...." (can be rootdbs)
3) force the current log in some of this three ( onmode -l , check with onstat -l)
4) force a checkpoint ( onmode -c )
5) remove ALL old logs: onparams -d -l <log number>
6) remove the dbspace : onspaces -d <log dbspace>
7) remove the cooked file: rm /CCM/informix/informix01/informix01_log.dbs
8) recreate the cooked file : touch /CCM/informix/informix01/informix01_log.dbs
9) recreate the logical log dbspace: "onspaces -c -d ...."
10) recreate all logical logs back in this dbspace "onparams -a ..."
11) put this logical logs as current: "onmode -l ; onmode -c "
12) remove the temporary logical log : "onparams -d -l ..."
13) create new chunk for your dbspace without space...