Unanswered: Use of FIFO Logic to Calculate the Investor Transaction

Hi ,

I am Calculating the Investor Transaction done in multiple location with Transaction Type Purchase and Redemption.I am facing problem when investors has done the purchse in one location and they done a redemption in another location.to calculate the investors net sales region wise i have to capture the invesotors Purchase Transaction which could be done in multiple locations and thier Redemptions from multiple location and want to Subtract the Redemption on the First in First out(FIFO) basis.to handle these i want to write a procedure for above mentioned process.
    Need help to write the FIFO base logic in Stored Procedure

Regards,

Prasad

Provided Answers: 10

Hi ,

I want to take a analytics Report of Investor Transaction and the Investor Transaction Data is more than 10 Lacs so if i am writing a stored procedure in sql server 2005 then system performance is almost Dead.
    Need a solution that how would i take a analytics report region wise or city wise or Scheme wise.

Regard's
    Prasad

Provided Answers: 10
    From the link:
    1. State the question
    2. Please post the DDL of your tables (Including Indexes, and constraints)
    3. Post some sample data in the form of DML
    4. Post whatever DML that you have attempted already...
    5. Post the expected results
    You're not even close to the level of detail needed to be able to help you just yet
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 54
    You really need to hire a consultant to help you solve this problem. 10 Lac rows is large enough to require some planning and management that requires experience with SQL Server and databases in general.

Someone with access to your database needs to analyze the table and index structure to find and correct the problems there before you start your Analysis project. Once those problems are fixed you may be able to simply write queries against the raw data or you might need to consider using either a DW or SSAS, but you have to fix those underlying problems before you can tell what your next step needs to be.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.