Unanswered: Database perfomance report

We have request from management to make perfomance report regarding our production db, what is statistics regarding I/O, memory and so on.... Is it ADDM only way for doing this, because i want to make some easto-to-read and understand report
    Do you have some advice regarding this ?
    Oh yes target db is EE 10.2.0 on linux server....

Cool Addm

ADDM is the way to go.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

And beside ADDM ?

EM/Grid Control reports
    for I/O and memory I would be talking to the server admins.

From my experience:
    Just saying "We need a performance report" is not enough. Why? Because this
    means little without some sort of reference and timeframe of when the system is most busy.
    How do you know what you are looking at if you have nothing to compare it to?
    A stress-test performance benchmark is needed. Is 80% memory usage good performance
    or bad performance? NEITHER. All that matters is whether you have enough memory to
    handle the load that will be put on the database.
    This might mean handling 300 simultaneous sessions or it might mean handling complex
    queries against 100G table(s).

Basically what I am saying is that you need to monitor performance of the db and server
    for a specific timeframe of high activity and set a benchmark that you can compare future
    Performance Tests against. Define what is acceptable regarding response times, etc.
    Otherwise an ADDM report is somewhat worthless other than showing you what waits you have
    and what uses up the most resources. SOMETHING will always be at the top of the list. It
    doesn't mean it is performing poorly.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Is the truth in the pudding?

Quote Originally Posted by prepek2000
    And beside ADDM ?
    Apart from the excellent observations from the Duck, you also have the AWR and ASH reports.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

We have problem because our developers dont want to accept responsibility for their bad apps (too many open cursors) and we have memory leeking and also very high I/O... i want to create some report which going to show our managers all this and im seeking easy to use way.... To be honest i never used ADDM because this is first time that i need to create some kind of report with history of all these problems with database... as i know database uses by default 7 days retention and takes one snapshot per hour? so addm collects this snaps in one big and nice report? so how to collect this and create addm report in most easiest way then?
    thanks in advance!

Cool To see is to beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by prepek2000
    .... To be honest i never used ADDM because this is first time that i need to create some kind of report with history of all these problems with database...
    Well, generate an ADDM report and there you will find the information you need, then just summarize it for management based on the facts you discover.

PS: I do not remember what is the retention/snapshots in 10g, but it can be configured.

10g retention default is 7 days I believe.

I would run an AWR report for the timeframe you want.
    Concentrate on:
    SQL ordered by Gets
    SQL ordered by Reads
    SQL by Elapsed Time
    SQL by CPU Time

Analyze/Explain/Reduce all the main issues you see listed (probably everything you see listed).
    I would start mainly with top gets and top reads.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...