Unanswered: Btrieve Error = File Manger Fatal Error 20

Good day.

We are using Btrieve as secondary database to our MSSQL2000. Our Application run s in Magic 8.3. We are having an error File Manger Fatal Error 20

which means File Manager Error #20 means that the MicroKernel (Local and/or Requester) is
    inactive (not loaded).

Can you help us on this.. thank you very much...

Provided Answers: 4
    Where is the Pervasive data file located? You need to make sure that there is an engine where ever a Pervasive data file resides.
    I know Magic also prefers to have a local PSQL engine. You need to make sure the PSQL engine is installed and running.
    THe error message is pretty clear and is really the only thing that causes the status 20 is when the engine isn't loaded / running.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks for the reply, the data is located in the server. I have already check the Server and the worksation and the btrieve is already loaded. Why do other workstations are having this error when some are OK.. Currently our solution is to restart the sever to refresh everything. Are there ay setting in the btrieve to make?

Thank you very much..

Provided Answers: 4
    What's different about the machines that work and the ones that don't work?
    The first thing I would suggest, would be to use another application to make sure that the status 20 is the real error. I would suggest using Pervasive Function Executor to open the same data file that the error 20 is being reported on.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer Roma
    Good day.

We are using Btrieve as secondary database to our MSSQL2000. Our Application run s in Magic 8.3. We are having an error File Manger Fatal Error 20

which means File Manager Error #20 means that the MicroKernel (Local and/or Requester) is
    inactive (not loaded).

Can you help us on this.. thank you very much...
    Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.