This is a full time position in NY City with a well known client for whom we have been staffing professionals for nearly 10 years. Competitive salary, bonus, generous benefits plan, and relocation assistance for the successful applicant.
No H1 visas.
This position deals with moving images, digital end2end.
This position is responsible for development, administration and evolution of standards and procedures for the management of rich media assets (moving images, video, audio, and digital photos) with associated metadata in collaboration with the business units. This person will provide direction to a permanent committee comprised of operating groups from all areas of the company in order to define, implement and evolve metadata standards and related workflow requirements specific to the business needs. This position will create direction regarding archival, content management, encoding, cataloguing, transcoding and post production standards.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Studio, Broadcast Operations & Engineering, this position will work closely with the Director, Digital Media Information Technology, supporting the digital asset management initiatives for clients across the company.
• Drive the definition and establishment of best practices for digitization, metadata, archival storage and defining cataloguing standards.
• With Technology Operations leadership, develop a content stewardship governance plan that is inclusive of stakeholder and user needs.
• Coordinate evolving business requirements for metadata standards related to searching and using related assets.
• Conduct research, evaluate and recommend various methodologies, standards, and software used in the creation of digital collections and their long-term preservation.
• Represent the client as the liaison with suppliers, aggregators and third party licensees to ensure compliance with metadata standards.
• Thorough experience with video asset encoding, metadata standards, media asset management and workflow systems
• Proficiency and prior experience in the analog to digital conversion process
• Knowledge of taxonomy development and management to support business workflows
• Well versed in and accomplished at developing and maintaining keyword libraries and video asset classification and search systems
• Familiarity with industry related committees and standards organizations
• Self-starter with proven ability to work with moderate to minimal supervision in a team-based environment
• Outstanding presentation abilities in order to facilitate the dissemination of metadata standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
• Well organized with the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
• Some familiarity with digital imaging and electronic publishing technologies: Content management, digital scanning, image editing, and web page design
• Undergrad degree in computer sciences, library or information sciences. Masters degree a plus.
• 5-8 Years of management experience in Digital Media Library Mgmt & associated technologies
• Thorough understanding of digital content standards, metadata and taxonomy