This is a full time position in NY City with a long time client.
No H1s. Relocation assistance for successful applicant.
This position reports to the VP of Application Architecture and plays a critical role in current application architecture and future technologies for the application development organization. Candidates must have strong complex business application architecture and development experience as well as experience with emerging technologies.
As part of the enterprise application architecture team, this candidate will facilitate the oversight, standardization and validation of enterprise application development as well as work with related infrastructure areas on projects relating to enterprise level cross area initiatives in addition to R&D projects for the betterment of the department. Major projects include a digital end-to-end system incorporating multiple business lines with existing architecture and emerging technologies.
• Create, maintain, disseminate and validate application development guidelines and standards for all projects.
• Create vision for improvement and drive the processes that lead to better productivity and consistency.
• Manage review process and artifacts for application development toward the goal of mitigating risks.
• Project manage enterprise initiatives potentially encompassing a large team of cross IT area staff toward successful completion.
• Drive the analysis and design of software systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements.
• Plan, prioritize and monitor work for matrixed team members working on multiple projects.
• Participate actively in strategic or highly visible projects playing various critical technical roles as needed.
• Actively create, refine, and evangelize processes and technical standards for the department.
• Serve as point of contact between groups within IT
• Strong judgment, oral and written communication, and leadership skills. The ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change. The ability to resolve conflict effectively.
• Strong understanding of all technical aspects of large corporate software development; strong client, server, database, and reporting skills.
• A strong computer science background (advanced degree desirable).
• Ideal candidate would be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet with an in-depth knowledge of enterprise Java / J2EE applications used for complex problem domains.
• An understanding and direct experience using various integration technologies and approaches.
• Strong time management and multitasking skills. Ability to determine pragmatic technical solutions to complex business problems.
• Strong understanding of standard software development lifecycle methodologies and project management techniques and methodologies.
• Hands on software development ability, experience, speed, and quality.
• Ability to lead and troubleshoot complex tasks, such as partitioning an application across tiers, establishing transaction boundaries, and selecting integration.
• Possess a strong potential for growth
• 10+ Years of experience
o Technology R&D
o Large-scale application development
• 5+ Years experience with
o Enterprise Architecture / Application Architecture
o Source Code Control Systems and Configuration Management Systems (CVS, Subversion, Git)
o Application Servers (WebLogic, JBoss, Apache)
o Design / UML, Design Patterns
o Design, Architecture and Code reviews of large systems
• 4+ Years with
o Messaging Technologies
o Integration Technologies
o Profiling / Performance tuning
o ETL / Data Synchronization
• 3+ Years with
o Spring / Hibernate
o Clustering / Caching
o Continuous Integration; Unit/Integration/Load/Performance Testing
• 2-3 Years with
o SOA / BPM
o WebServices / SOAP / REST / JSON
o Traditional Web Frameworks like Struts, JSF
o Swing GUI
o Lucene / Compass / Hibernate Search
• 1-2 Years or strong familiarity with
o Emerging Languages (Scala, Ruby, Clojure)
o Spring Web Flow / Seam
o Cloud Apps / Hadoop / MapReduce / Grid Computing
Broadcast Audio / Video experience a plus