Thread: DB2 Vs Oracle

Question Unanswered: DB2 Vs Oracle

Dears,
    I am having three users in oracle. Frequently I am posting data from one user to another user. I want to use db2 as backend. For this structure,
    shall I create three schema in single database. or three different database.

Because every day I am posting more than one lack data from user1 to user2 in oracle. Performance is the main criteria for me. Kindly suggest the suitable one.

Note: In oracle all the three user has it own Tables,functions, procedures and triggers. Is it possible to maintain the above objects in DB2 schema level.

Why use DB2! Why not "insert into" ,"select * from" in oracle;
    mota

Quote Originally Posted by arsaravanan
    Dears,
    I am having three users in oracle. Frequently I am posting data from one user to another user. I want to use db2 as backend. For this structure,
    shall I create three schema in single database. or three different database.

Because every day I am posting more than one lack data from user1 to user2 in oracle. Performance is the main criteria for me. Kindly suggest the suitable one.

Note: In oracle all the three user has it own Tables,functions, procedures and triggers. Is it possible to maintain the above objects in DB2 schema level.
    Yes, it is possible.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390