World class organization seeks star SQL DBA for their Atlanta, GA location!
Globally successful provider of travel technology solutions, with operations in 160 countries has an opening in their Atlanta, GA office for a superstar SQL DBA
The role is full time and comes with a phenomenal total comp package which includes a base salary which is very generous over 100K, a bonus structure and benefits.
Here are the specs of the role
This person will be responsible for developing complex database systems, coordinating with the development teams and architects. Including design, development, and implementation of Microsoft SQL Server to help the Development Organization become more efficient. Design and develop advanced database solutions, including T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, functions and schemas to enable and support development objectives. Must have demonstrated the ability to prioritize issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels along with the ability to work with development teams to execute product releases. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server. Improve processes and procedures to increase overall reliability while providing mentoring, guidance and direction to development staff in techniques for writing efficient SQL code by promoting good SQL coding practices and applying functional area expertise to optimize the programming results through adherence to corporate information security guidelines. Experience with DB2 is an advantage.
· Development of Stored Procedures and other T-SQL
· Provides advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages
· Provides SQL tuning and performance statistics feedback to development teams
· Query Optimization by looking into key/Index usage and other statistics
· Reviews and understands data models and ensures those models are mapped
· Provides utilities and reports to application teams to assist in system and performance monitoring
· Develop DTS/SSIS Packages
· Enforce Database Development Standards
· Work hand in hand with the Development Teams as well as Production DBAs
· Completion of Database Development Projects on time and within budget
· Any other duties that may reasonably be required.