Thread: Query Help

Unanswered: Query Help

Hi all,

Okay, I'm at my wits end. I've got a set of four tables with water quality information in them. Each table is from a different station. These tables are in the same format, but really have nothing in common. The probe numbers are generally different, the station numbers are different, even the times the information is taken are not all the same. I've got the tables set with relationships so that only the information taken at the same date and time is shown. That's perfect, works when I open the query. My issue is getting only the information to show related to the station numbers through a query by form. If my stations are 1, 2, 3 and 4 I need to be able to checkmark numbers 1 and 3 and have only that information shown. I've tried a number of different ways, but none of them work. I usually end up with an expression typed incorrectly or too complex to be evaluated error.

Any suggestions? I'm all ears.

So after some more thinking, I'm realizing that a query probably isn't the best way to do this. Any suggestions for comparing tables side by side, as in a datasheet view, and being able to select which of the four tables you see?

Nevada, USA
    Provided Answers: 6
    If the tables have the same fields, you can use a UNION query to pull them all together into one dataset. You can then query that to get any particular station. If they do have the same fields, there probably should be just one table with an extra field for station.