Unanswered: download link DB2 V8.2 (ESE) on AIX 5.3 ?

Hi All,

I need to download DB2 V8.2 base version (ESE) on AIX for one my projects. Can anyone please route me to the right place from where I can quickly start the download. The FTP site from where I used to download always seems to have missed the V8.2.

Your early help is always appreciated.

Jayanta Datta
    DB2 UDB DBA
    IBM India, Global Delivery
    New Delhi

Wink

IBM guys looking for a solution here... i suppose its always the other way round
    Rahul Singh
    Certified DB2 9 DBA / Application Developer

Quote Originally Posted by rahul_s80
    IBM guys looking for a solution here... i suppose its always the other way round
    IBM has a lot of DB2 DBA's doing internal work or acting as consultants to customers that are no different than any other customer. Contrary to popular believe, just because you work for IBM does not necessarily mean you have any special access to DB2 Support (unless you happen to work for the DB2 development or support lab).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi Rahul,
    I am using this site for discussing any issues related to DB2-UDB since 2003 when I was not an IBMer. In the process, I came across many great DBAs through this site who are always willing to give and take any information related to DB2-UDB. Being an IBMer can't stop me asking a quick question at this site if that helps my client to fix the problem ASAP. On the day I posted the question in DB Forum, I was routed to the right link within 45 Minutes by a private-message from another Great DB Forum Guru who also happens to be an Ex-IBMer. The world is small and we should be looking for solution to problems always to make things simpler. Use the network as much possible to share information !!

Hi Marcus,
    Yes, you are correct in your thought and opinion. I Know you are always there in the DB2 Open Community to make the lives of many people easy by sharing your knowledge. Always appreciate your effort and suggestion.

Thanks everyone and lets keep the good work continued !!

Jayanta Datta
    DB2 UDB DBA
    IBM India, Global Delivery
    New Delhi