Thumbs up design view disabled form

I've a form . Icannot select design view. meens it's design view is disabled. How can I enable the design view. Thanks in advance to those can help.

Is this a one form problem? Can you access Design View for other forms? Is the file extension MDE rather than MDB? If so, you can do nothing to modify the design.
    Hope this helps!

The Devil's in the Details!!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq
    Is this a one form problem? Can you access Design View for other forms? Is the file extension MDE rather than MDB? If so, you can do nothing to modify the design.
    I can open forms in the project. But I cannot modify it since the design view & new buttons on the tool bar are disabled. It is a ms access application

It's an mde file (meaning compiled version of the code.) You can make mde files out of mdb files using a tool in MSAccess but you cannot edit or change the code/form in any way within an mde file. It has to be done on the mdb file first and then re-compiled into a new mde file.

Find the mdb file and then make your design change on that (if you're using an mdb file and STILL cannot make design changes, then it's MSAccess security that is preventing you from making design changes). Once you make the design changes in the mdb, make your mde for the users to run.

The question is still though: What file type are you opening (ACCDE (for MSAccess 2007), MDE, ACCDB (for MSAccess 2007), or MDB)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 09-20-09 at 01:23.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)