Unanswered: [C-SQLSERVER] C library for Sql Server

Hi,
    I have to extend a legacy application entirely coded in ANSI-C, introducing some new features to communicate with a Sql Server 2005/2008 database.
    Does exist some C library that can help me interfacing with Sql Server from my legacy code?
    I've red something about SQL Server Native Client but it's not clear if this is of any help for me, and there's no sample code.

Anyone can help me about?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 54
    What compiler are you using? What's the target platform for this application? The Microsoft supported platform is of course WIndows, and the supported compiler and library are Visual Studio and ADO.NET, but that might not suit your needs.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I use Visual Studio 6 in Microsoft XP.
    I think is not possible to use ADO.Net from C code, so I'm looking for a C-library to communicate with SqlServer...

Provided Answers: 54
    You can't use ADO.NET from Visual Studio 6, but you can certainly use the vanilla ADO libraries provided with Visual Studio.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.