Thumbs up Unanswered: Microsoft access database problems.

I'm operating an Access database using ODBC. I've updated from 31st August 2009 to 16th September without problems.
    However, I was asked for statements of account for November 2007 and December 2008. Icopied the November 2007 table to current transactions table and printed the statements for November 2007.
    However, when I tried to copy the December 2008 table to the current transactions table, the database password which is correct, failed and I was given the message below:
    The database 'C:\Y2K\Processing.mdb' needs to be repaired or isn't a database file. You or another user may have unexpectedly quit Microsoft Access while a Microsoft Access database was open. Do you want Microsoft Access to attempt to repair the database?.
    When I clicked 'yes', the response was: 'Not a valid password', (and this is the correct passwaod I used). The following message was then displaye: The database 'C:\Y2K\Processing.mdb' can't be repaired or isn't a Microsoft Access database file. Not a valid password. Please help.

Arizona, USA
    Ahhh. Access.

Which version of Access are you using?

For starters, go to

Enter 'corrupt' into the 'Keyword' text box, select the Microsoft Access Forum, then click the 'Search' button.
    Last edited by loquin; 09-24-09 at 23:28.
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Madison, WI
    If it happens after you try to copy December 2008 again, something is messing up the table with that data which is causing MSAccess to crash. If it happens again with other datasets, then it's sometimes something which is possibly trying to re-populating the autonumber field and messing up the dataset (ie. or creating orphaned records.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 09-25-09 at 00:29.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)