Question Unanswered: how to insert a result of one query to another?

Hi Guys,

I've just registered and this is my first post. I've written a query and i want to add up one more field into the result table.

SELECT Project.ProjectID, Client.ClientName, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.ActualStartDate],[Project.ActualFinishDate]) AS ActualDays, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.EstimatedStartDate],[Project.EstimatedFinishDate]) AS EstimatedDays
    FROM Project INNER JOIN Client ON Client.ClientID=Project.ClientID
    GROUP BY Project.ProjectID, Client.ClientName, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.ActualStartDate],[Project.ActualFinishDate]), DATEDIFF("d",[Project.EstimatedStartDate],[Project.EstimatedFinishDate]);

as you can see my result will contain ProjectID, ClientName, Actualdays and EstimatedDays. Everything is fine. however, I want to add up one more field which is the difference between the number of actual days and estimated days calculated in above query. I don't know how to do that. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing it would look like this:

SELECT Project.ProjectID, Client.ClientName, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.ActualStartDate],[Project.ActualFinishDate]) AS ActualDays, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.EstimatedStartDate],[Project.EstimatedFinishDate]) AS EstimatedDays, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.ActualStartDate],[Project.ActualFinishDate])-DATEDIFF("d",[Project.EstimatedStartDate],[Project.EstimatedFinishDate]) as DiffInDays
    FROM Project INNER JOIN Client ON Client.ClientID=Project.ClientID
    GROUP BY Project.ProjectID, Client.ClientName, DATEDIFF("d",[Project.ActualStartDate],[Project.ActualFinishDate]), DATEDIFF("d",[Project.EstimatedStartDate],[Project.EstimatedFinishDate]);

I'll usually do these in the query designer (using expressions) and then viewing the SQL syntax by changing (upper left), the design icon to SQL. Then I copy/paste that into my code and troubleshoot for minor syntax differences.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Thanks for your quick reply. and yes that was the right solution you gave me. I am just wondering what tool do you use to generate queries ? I am currently using free copy of FlySpeed Query Tool. It looks very basic with only few functions. Please suggest me a good tool as well. Thanks again.