Thread: Time Clock help

Unanswered: Time Clock help

I have in my database a working time clock that tracks my employees time. My function to figure out hours and minutes works and looks like this:

=HoursAndMinutes(Sum([Time Out]-[Time In]))
    **time out and time in are just time stamps from when they pickup equipment and then drop it off....

what i need is to add break time in there. i have a break field as a number and have supervisors put in break time in minutes.

what i'm trying to do is take this: =HoursAndMinutes(Sum([Time Out]-[Time In])) and subtract the break in minutes from it....

please help.

Convert it all to minutes first then take the break mins off.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

can i get help with that conversion?

Just use datediff

SQL Syntax is
    SELECT (DateDiff(n,YourStartDate,YourEndDate)) AS datDate

Access is same except 'n' is in quotes...

Here is a more detailed defenition of the DateDiff function...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...CH100728911033
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

If =HoursAndMinutes(Sum([Time Out]-[Time In])) gives you problems with the break time subtraction, you can also try creating another textbox and subtract the break time total from whatever your =HoursAndMinutes(sum(...)) field is named versus trying to do the entire calculation in one field.

I will sometimes break the calculations up into different textbox controls and use additional textboxes to reference the total in another textbox (or in a query).
    Last edited by pkstormy; 09-28-09 at 20:34.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)