Career Opportunity - Database Developer - Financial Services
This is a permanent position with a Fortune 500 company and industry leader. They offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. This company has been listed several times in "The 100 Best Places to Work in IT", by Computer Weekly magazine.
We are looking for someone who can work with non technical people to develop a database and then make changes as needed. This person needs to have an understanding of Investments/Fixed Incomes. The database will not be developed according to the normal development life cycle (there will not be a PM or BA and there will not be written requirements, etc.).
As a database developer for the Fixed Income Asset Management group you will be designing and developing database platforms to support the portfolio management process. Utilizing VBA and SDKs, you will be extracting data from various sources including PAM, Bloomberg, YieldBook, Access and others into databases and Excel models.
• Using Microsoft Excel/Access to maintain current analytical models and assist in the development of new portfolio management tools
• Ad-hoc reporting projects integrating data from varied sources including PAM, YieldBook, Bloomberg, and other internal and external sources
• Development, implementation, and maintenance of internal database platforms to handle reporting and data analysis- including integration of internal and external data sources
• Work with Investment Accounting and AAM Administration to insure the validity and integrity of data in the internal accounting system
• Create efficiencies in existing processes using automation
• Perform data integrity checks as well as cleanup of data in existing systems including PAM, YieldBook, Bloomberg, and proprietary databases
• Preparation of portfolio management reports
• Knowledge of database platforms and previous database development experience required.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
• Helpful to have knowledge of PAM or investment accounting systems.
• Must have knowledge of fixed income or financial markets.
• B.A./B.S. required. IS, Computer Science, Finance, or Math preferred
The position will be based in New York and relocation assistance will be considered only for extremely well qualified candidates.