Question Unanswered: Make Access Invisible

Hi i am currently developing a database system for my A2 coursework.

I would really like to know how i can make access invisible so that the only thing a user sees is the open forms.

I found a thread back from 2003 but the asker had some sort of idea so the answer was not all to clear to me.

The thread is located here: http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...invisible.html

So what i really want to know is, is this possible with Access 2007 and how exactly to use that code or how to do it

Thank you

In Access 2000 you can click "Tools", "Startup" and uncheck "Display Database Window". I believe that's what you're trying to do, or are you trying to eliminate the menus too?

In Access 2003 you go to Tools, Startup and then untick "Display Database Window" and set a form to open by default by choosing it from the Display Form/Page dropdown.

Because of switching to the collapsable navigation bar in Access 2007 this functionality seems to have been removed, although if you open a 2003 database with Display Database Window already set to No then the navigation bar does not appear at all (and can only be retrieved by pressing F11).

Actually I'm sure I've done this in 2007, I'll have a look.
    Last edited by Kafrin; 09-30-09 at 11:25.

Aha, got it!

Go to the Office menu (top left bubble), and go to Access Options (button along bottom of menu).

From the side choose Current Database.
    There are two properties you'll want to set. Firstly, scroll down to the Navigation Bar section, where you will be able to untick a box for Show Navigation Bar. Secondly, near the top is the dropdown for which form to show on startup, don't forget to set this or your users will be presented with an empty screen!

Kafrin Thanks im trying that now

however im fairly sure i have done that with a previous project and it is not quite what i wanted.

if im to be more precise what i would like is there to be absolutely nothing in the background except the form. Because all that does is removes the navigation pane.

Im fairly sure what im asking is impossible which is really annoying but im open to anyone proving me wrong

also that is why i included the link to the other thread because that person managed to do it with code, i just dont really understand where that code would go and what to do with it

Try out these:
    To see many, many techniques, incuding removing the MSAccess background.
    http://www.dbforums.com/6301669-post51.html

A Card-File program using the technique
    http://www.dbforums.com/6326391-post64.html

Simply import the appropriate modules and utilize the 1 or 2 lines of code in your forms. They seem to work great on all versions. You may have to back-track a little to make sure you import the correct module. Hold the shift key down while opening the CardFile example and you can see the command used in the OnLoad event. There is also one module it calls which you'll see in the code.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Thankyou that is exactly what i would like to do and by the sounds of it you have the answer to my question!

one last thing then.... could you explain simply and exactly what i have to do to achieve my desired effect

From the CardFile example,

Import module2 from the cardfile example into your mdb:

In your OnLoad event of your startup form, add this code (see comments in module2 for further info.)

Call Module2.fSetAccessWindow(2)
    or
    Call Module2.fSetAccessWindow(0) <- I can't recall what the 0 does but again, see the comments in module2. You can experiment with different values. (Note: don't forget to debug->compile the code before running.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-02-09 at 01:50.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)