Post Unanswered: SQL script and Task Scheduler (SQL 2005 express)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run a script through task scheduler on a client's server (w/ Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server SP1).

If I create the task (w/ password) without adding parameters the task runs fine - except that it just opens the Management Studio Express and asks for a connect.

If I put these parameters sqlcmd -S .\lp72005 -i "c:\programs...\backup.sql" (in order for it run the script, instead of just opening management studio) the task fails.

Facts:

- Executing the script manually (double click and management studio) works fine.

- The password I'm using is valid - if the task runs without the parameters, it means the password is valid.

- Right-clicking on the task and executing it doesn't work.

- The "Status" collumn in the Scheduled Tasks folder says (translated) "Could not initiate"

- The instance name in the parameters is correct.

- The path to the script in the parameters is correct.

- The same parameters are working on another computer (ours) except it has Windows XP

If anyone has any ideas, I would be thankful.

Thanks in advance,

Joo Santos

That servername looks a bit funky.

You mean the "-S .\lp72005", right?

Well I found it odd too, and I tried to put servername\lp72005 but it still didn't work (forgot to mention it earlier). And besides that, these parameters do work on other computers like I said.

Thanks anyway for your input.

Edit: Solved: I put the parameters in a batch file, scheduled it (the batch file) and it worked.

João Santos
    Last edited by blinx; 10-01-09 at 05:11.