Red face Unanswered: MS Access Multi User

How do I allow others to access my MS Access DB (including MAC users) without setting up a Server version? Is this possible?

Provided Answers: 59
    place the back end (the data) on a server fileshare, the front end (user interface, forms, reports queries and so on) on either the same fileshare, or a better proposition individual copies of the front end deployed ont he users desktop.

theres some stuff in the Access code bank to handle the copying of front ends.

dependign on how many concurrent users you have you may need to move the data to a server rpoduct, and or you may also need to rewrite the application to use unbound recordsets
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I take kind of a mixed approach to this. All of my databases are on a networked shared drive that everyone has access to. I have the large tables with all of the customer data and stuff like that in a separate database that all of my other databases link to. The database that they use to enter/view stuff with is also on the share, but I create a shortcut link on their desktops to my database on the share. This is done so that I can update the application in one place and have it update for everyone the next time they use it. Otherwise, if everyone has a local copy of the database on their machine, you'll have to send them an updated copy every single time.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg6000
    ...Otherwise, if everyone has a local copy of the database on their machine, you'll have to send them an updated copy every single time.
    If you look in the Access code bank on this forum you will find a couple of methods that can do that automatically without further intervention from you.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton