Unanswered: MSAccess is producing a strange query in Oracle

I posted this in the MSAccess forum, as I wasn't sure which place was the best to ask the question. Here's the link, and thanks for any insights:

http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...ml#post6425072

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >MSAccess is producing a strange query in Oracle
    So exactly how or why is this Oracle's problem?
    All Oracle can do is process the SQL passed to it.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

You are testy today...

It's not Oracle's problem. But, there are other people out there who work with Oracle and MSAccess who might've encountered the problem, and figured out what was causing MSAccess to behave in this manner. So, I figured it was ok to cross-link here.

We encountered something similar in the past when 2 tables, linked by different DSN's (though pointing to the same database), started running similar queries.

But for the most part, MSAccess hasn't been behaving this way until recently. Our network staff has said that nothing's changed in our ODBC drivers or DSN's (we run MSAccess via Citrix), but, something had to have changed somewhere.

--=Chuck

Looks like table which have primary keys defined, have that attribute included in their linked table definition, and that causes MSAccess97 to come up with the poor query plans.

If anyone has an idea on how to disable this, that would be awesome. We must've performed an unintentional change during a Citrix upgrade - or something - which altered the behavior of the ODBC driver? Ugh ...

--=Chuck