Unanswered: Access Code Modules Totally Disappeared!

I have a multi-user access database (EDIT: Access 2007) stored in a shared folder. It had several modules of visual basic required to do various things with forms and UI stuff.

Users came to me today and said that the buttons were no longer working. I assumed it was something like the event procedure on the property button got unlinked or turned off. However, when I looked, the "On Click" properties had [Event Procedure] set.

When I clicked the "..." to open the VB code it was gone. All the VB Modules were completely gone.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Is it some sort of file corruption?

The users were apparently only editing reports. Nobody who uses this DB seems malicious enough to delete the code. I don't even know if they would know how to do it if they wanted to?

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a common problem? HELP!

(PS, We fortunately back up twice a day so we'll recover the db, but this seems crazy)

If you need more info let me know.
    Last edited by BrINClHOF; 10-07-09 at 11:15.

Provided Answers: 19
    I've seen many, many reports of this with 2007, and yes, it apparently is a form of corruption. And in every single report I've seen the culprit appears to be multi-users sharing a single, non-split database, sitting on a network drive.

This scenario has long been recognized as a cause of repeated corruptions. Multi-users simply have to work off of a split database, with each user having their own copy of the front end, with everything except the data/tables, on thier respective hard drives, and a back end with the table on a shared drive.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for the reply,

Good news is I'm developing and SQL Backend version of this database combined with a few others and should therefor take care of the problem in the future.

Thanks again~!