Unanswered: Oracle JSP to return sql server record set to calling PLSQL SP

My apologies if this sounds thick or seems to be out of place, but I am running out of options.

I am in the unique situation where I need to bridge data between a Oracle9i database and SQL Server 2005. The requirement is to make a query interface to a SQL Server 2005 box via PLSQL stored procedures. To accomplish this I have created a JSP that utilizes JTDS and JCIFS in the Oracle JVM to call out and query our SQL Server 2005 box via PLSQL stored procedures.

Simple queries are not an issue, but we have a wealth of diagnostic packages in Oracle that eat record sets (Cursors) for breakfast. I want to leverage those packages to massage data I pull from SQL Server 2005. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to make a java.SQL.RecordSet translate to a REF CURSOR in Oracle that can be returned from the JSP to the calling PLSQL procedure. The scary thing is that I don't think it is possible.

If anyone has any clue how to accomplish what I am doing, let me know. Remember, I want to pass record sets from the SQL Server 2005 queries to Oracle9i to be processed by PLSQL packages we already have. I am trying to find a fancy way to do it with java.SQL.Array but it seems very inefficient. Help from the gurus of inter database communication would be helpful!!

Thanks!!

*bump*

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ktuimala
    My apologies if this sounds thick or seems to be out of place, but I am running out of options.

I am in the unique situation where I need to bridge data between a Oracle9i database and SQL Server 2005. The requirement is to make a query interface to a SQL Server 2005 box via PLSQL stored procedures. To accomplish this I have created a JSP that utilizes JTDS and JCIFS in the Oracle JVM to call out and query our SQL Server 2005 box via PLSQL stored procedures.

Simple queries are not an issue, but we have a wealth of diagnostic packages in Oracle that eat record sets (Cursors) for breakfast. I want to leverage those packages to massage data I pull from SQL Server 2005. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to make a java.SQL.RecordSet translate to a REF CURSOR in Oracle that can be returned from the JSP to the calling PLSQL procedure. The scary thing is that I don't think it is possible.

If anyone has any clue how to accomplish what I am doing, let me know. Remember, I want to pass record sets from the SQL Server 2005 queries to Oracle9i to be processed by PLSQL packages we already have. I am trying to find a fancy way to do it with java.SQL.Array but it seems very inefficient. Help from the gurus of inter database communication would be helpful!!

Thanks!!
    That's pretty good. Have a blessed and great day guys!!!!