Unanswered: Calculated control to count from multiple fields?

Hello--

I'm creating a report based on a table which has Yes/No fields for six options. I'm trying to write an expression that will count how many records have more than one of the six, in any combination. What I've got is

=Count(IIF([Field1]+[Field2]+[Field3]+[Field4]+[Field5]+[Field6]>1,1,0),0)

which is returning all records. I'm fairly new to writing expressions, so I'm not sure how to get it to return a count of the records that have TRUE for more than one of the selected fields.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jphennen; 10-09-09 at 13:20.

You are on the right track. But to get the Yes/No fields converted to numbers you might want to try CInt to convert them to integers. In Access, True is -1 and False is 0. So you have to add up the Trues and get the Absolute Value with ABS (or multiple it by -1). Here is what I came up with:

=Count(IIF(Abs(CInt([Field1])+CInt([Field2])+CInt([Field3])+CInt([Field4])+CInt([Field5])+CInt([Field6]))>1,1,0),0)

That pops up an error message saying "The expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number of arguments." Any idea how to fix that?

I appreciate your response, regardless!

It is probably the ,0) at the end I thought it looked odd. I think it should be:

=Count(IIF(Abs(CInt([Field1])+CInt([Field2])+CInt([Field3])+CInt([Field4])+CInt([Field5])+CInt([Field6]))>1,1,0))

That's still returning all records. Would multiplying by -1 do anything differently?

Take out the Count and create a calculated field and filter for >1. Similar to :

Checks:Abs(CInt([Field1])+CInt([Field2])+CInt([Field3])+CInt([Field4])+CInt([Field5])+CInt([Field6]))

Add this to your query and then filter for >1.