Unanswered: SQL30081N A communication error has been detected

I'm on DB2 v9. On our dev environment, a disk was removed from the LPAR during remapping and most of the databases were not connectable. Then I restored all the databases and then they were connectable.

Now Websphere is getting an error when trying to connect to the database: Here is the error we are receiving when trying to connect to a database:

09 Oct 2009 09:25:18,656 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ]
    com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SQL_EXCEPTION_OCCURRED] An SQL exception occurred: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQ L30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
    Location where the error was detected: "10.100.1.107". Communication function detecting the error:
    "send". Protocol specific error code(s): "32", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001 . com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SQL_EXCEPTION_OCCURRED] An SQL exception occurred: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Co mmunication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being
    used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.100.1.107".
    Communication function dete
    cting the error: "send". Protocol specific error code(s): "32", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

I'm not sure what might be causing this problem. I can connect to each of the databases in the dev environment in db2 and control center.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions or solutions?

Thank you.

CC

This is the standard message for a failed IP connection. It has told you which machine has a problem: 10.100.1.107

For one of many possible reasons, the client failed to make an TCP/IP connection. The reason code suggests a broken pipe.

Check to see that the connection is defined correctly on the client -- proper URL and port. Is that port open to the calling client? Is the TCP stack operational? Any reason you can think of that might have caused a communication breakdown between the two machines.

You have not specified the environment, but sometimes in Windows a connection definition (node and db) will need to be uncataloged and redeclared.
    Last edited by rdutton; 10-09-09 at 17:48.
    RD